Monday, June 30, 2008

Mentoring New Film Scriptwriters

.
I haven't been online much these days. I'm busy with being a trainor-mentor for basic film scriptwriting at ABS-CBN's Star Cinema, and loving it!

I was among the 1st Star Cinema Screenwriting Scholars trained by the company in 2004 and was absorbed in the Concept Development Group in 2005-2006. It feels so good to be able to share all those learnings with the new batch. Mentoring has always been a passion for me, even as an editor for creative prose. Doing this for film scriptwriting is another new and exciting adventure.

I am working with writers as young as 20 and as mature as 53! Imagine the rich dynamics of the team and all the learning I am gaining, as well. Each session with the group and with individuals always leave me exhilirated and eager for the next.

My other writing projects in progress may be coming in slower because of my preoccupation but I firmly believe it is all for the better. Each area of writing can only be further enriched by the others. For me, mentoring is as much a part of my creative process as the actual writing.

Now please excuse me as I have storylines to read and enjoy...

0 comments:

MAIA JOSE Filipino Romance eBooks to buy online:
Powered by WebRing.