Tuesday, March 2, 2010

More Maia Jose Novels Free Online: Paraiso Series

.

(UPDATE: The novels are no longer available for free reading online.)

I just stumbled upon three of my Maia Jose romance novels being published for free online at the Philippine Online Chronicles' (POC) Pinoy Romansa section. It was a pleasant surprise indeed.

The three novels on the site are Paraiso: Angela, Paraiso: Mikael and Paraiso: Gabriel. They are three of my four Paraiso novels published in 2006 by Golden Books & Publications of Vibal Publishing. The fourth novel in the series is Paraiso: Rafael.

Readers who have read my earlier Abakada ng Pag-Ibig series from Valentine Romances may remember the fictional town of Paraiso that was the setting of several of the novels. It had become a favorite of mine and starting a new series with the same romantic location seemed but natural.

It seems that Philippine Online Chronicles (POC) is publishing the novels in parts, with chapters being put out weekly. All chapters of Angela and Mikael are already online while Gabriel is on its 3rd chapter.

Each of the four books can stand alone but the timeline of the novels run from Angela to Gabriel, Mikael then Rafael.

I have a few complaints on the layout. Nothing major but you may want to take note.

The novels actually start on the last page of the section and you go backwards toward page 1 for newer installments.

The top of some chapters shows a line, sometimes in italics. In the hard copy, this is supposed to be a teaser for the chapter but online it can look like the first line of the chapter. If read like that, it does not make sense. Problem is, some chapters have the teaser as the first line while other chapters don't. It can be quite confusing.

The spacing that separates a change in POV within chapters is also not seen online.

Oh well, I hope online readers forgive these minor flaws.

So for all my readers who may not have had a chance to get a hard copy of these books, happy online reading! =D

2 comments:

Better Than Coffee said...

Hello, Miss Maia, do you have an e-mail address where I can contact you in private?

M said...

Hi Nobe, where do I send it? I can't find your profile or email add either. You can put in your email add in the comment section and I shall not approve it for publishing so it will not be seen online. Or perhaps you can pm me at Facebook. I'm listed as Tessa Cruz San Diego. Thanks!

MAIA JOSE Filipino Romance eBooks to buy online:
Powered by WebRing.